Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Research Update

It's been a while since I blogged on this site. Summer has hardly been a time of rest and calm repose on my end. If anything, this has been one of the busiest summer seasons in years. As my friends will attest, I find it better to be productively busy than bored.

Starting this week I will be on a sabbatical of sorts from my teaching duties at Hawaii Tokai International College. This is my first break in five years. I have joined the adjunct faculty of the University of Hawaii's Kapiolani Community College Arts and Sciences. So far, it has been a delightful adventure in learning and working with short-term visiting groups from various places in Eastern Asia, most notably South Korea and Indonesia.

This allows me some needed flexibility in terms of time. My passion and interest in the 1860 Japanese Embassy's visit to Hawaii -and that of the American's on board the U.S.S. Powhatan- has not diminished. Stay tuned! I sense that the best is yet to come!

With regards,

Jeffrey Bingham Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment